Sunday, July 11, 2010

Washing Jesus Feet

It would have been easy to stay home this morning. Not that I didn't feel good enough to go... but had I listened to those wonderful voices (my valley neighbors) I would have probably agreed that I could use the rest after a week with my six year old Granddaughter; we had a guest preacher so it wouldn't be like missing our own Pastor preach and the fact that we also had a guest quartet, so our music program would not be impacted by one missing voice in the choir... you get the picture...

But remembering the probability that the Creator of the Universe may just speak to me was so exciting that I chose not to heed the voices and began to focus on listening for His Voice..

Now, although God can and does speak to us any time any place (He is, after all, sovereign GOD).. the chance that I may actually HEAR may increase when I get around His people and His Word...

Before heading out to God's house, I picked up the Bible and read Solomon chapter 3. I began to ask the LORD to speak to me.

It wasn't until half way through Sunday School, when my teacher was teaching on the Joy of the Lord that my spirit was quieted enough to hear Him. My teacher mentioned our lives being like a "roller coaster",(clue: my facebook status two days ago was about being on the roller coaster of life... well.. THAT got my attention..was He getting ready to speak??). My teacher went on to say that the JOY OF THE LORD is always available... but we must CHOOSE to partake in it. I thought, "I am so glad I came to hear this!"

It was then that the Holy Spirit brought the following verses back to my mind from Solomon 3:

"By night on my bed I sought him whom my soul loveth: I sought him, but I found him not. I will rise now, and go about the city in the streets, and in the broad ways I will seek him whom my soul loveth: I sought him, but I found him not. The watchmen that go about the city found me: [to whom I said], Saw ye him whom my soul loveth? It was] but a little that I passed from them, but I found him whom my soul loveth: I held him, and would not let him go, ..."

How often we desire to hear His Voice!! Not necessarily consciously, but, I believe there is a place that God has placed in every human being's heart that longs to hear His Voice and His Voice alone. We seek to hear His voice in so many ways, but oftentimes, it is when we are found by the 'watchmen'...(our teachers and preachers and Pastor and Christian friends and maybe even by ourselves, when we allow the LORD to open our spiritual, watching for Him) that point us to His Word...which "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God."

Through the rest of the service, God spoke through so many different things. From the Choir to special music to the preaching of God's word.

"And, behold, a woman in the city, which was a sinner, when she knew that [Jesus] sat at meat in the Pharisee's house, brought an alabaster box of ointment,'And stood at his feet behind [him] weeping, and began to wash his feet with tears, and did wipe [them] with the hairs of her head, and kissed his feet, and anointed [them] with the ointment.Luke 7:37 & 38

"And he turned to the woman, and said unto Simon, Seest thou this woman? I entered into thine house, thou gavest me no water for my feet: but she hath washed my feet with tears, and wiped [them] with the hairs of her head. Thou gavest me no kiss: but this woman since the time I came in hath not ceased to kiss my feet. My head with oil thou didst not anoint: but this woman hath anointed my feet with ointment. Wherefore I say unto thee, Her sins, which are many, are forgiven; for she loved much: but to whom little is forgiven, [the same] loveth little. And he said unto her, Thy sins are forgiven." Luk 7:44-48

When we, with humble gratitude truly seek the LORD, HE will not only speak to us, He will forgive our sins...

God spoke to me today... "Your sins, which are many, are forgiven...."

Praise be unto God.

Through my disappointments
Strife and discontentment
I cast my every care upon the Lord
No matter what obsession
Pain or deep depression
I'm standing on the solid rock

Chorus:
I'm standing on the solid rock of ages (standing on the rock, on the rock of ages)
Safe from all the storm that rages (safe from every storm, all the storm that rages)
Rich but not from Satan's wages (rich in love, I'm rich, not from Satan's wages)
I'm standing on the solid roc
k

3 comments:

  1. Excellent! And not to mention how many people you blessed today at church, just by seeing your smiling face!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, Ginger!! You're such an encouragement! Thank you for listening to the one voice that really matters - God's!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Celia... I appreciate your encouragement!

    Maria.. you are a such an inspiration to me.. thanks for suggesting this challenge.. it really has helped me get back to the business of loving God :)

    ReplyDelete