Monday, July 12, 2010

Abiding in Prayer


During our Ladies Bible Study and prayer meeting, one of the ladies had asked us to choose a day this week to pray for one of our dear sisters that has been ill for a long period of time.

Today is my day.

As I approach the Lord, many questions and some doubts arise concerning my ability to pray and to get those prayers answered. Of course many of these thoughts are self-generated, some are placed in my mind by the prince of the power of the air, but most importantly are those that are placed in my mind and heart by the Word of God.

"So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper [in the thing] whereto I sent it" Isa 55:11

Thanks be to GOD!

So.. instead of focusing on my thoughts or the thoughts that the enemy would have me me to believe, I choose to focus on the unfailing Word of God.

"Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things [are] honest, whatsoever things [are] just, whatsoever things [are] pure, whatsoever things [are] lovely, whatsoever things [are] of good report; if [there be] any virtue, and if [there be] any praise, think on these things." Phil 4:8

On the topic of hearing God speak...My Aunt reminded me yesterday that God is ALWAYS speaking to us. All we have to do is pick up the Bible and read and He speaks! Her exact words were "He speaks to us as much as we read!" Isn't that a wonderful thought! We do not have to wait to hear specifically (although those occasions when the LORD speaks directly to us are fantastic moments...) whenever we need a Word of encouragement, confidence in knowing He is with us in every turn of life, when we need love to name a few.... HIS Word is here...

The need to fulfill the great commission (Mark 16:15) just became that much more important! Imagine not having that privilege? It is difficult for us in America to realize that there are so many in this world that do not have access to a Bible much less one (or two or ten) of their own!

"And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. "

I believe God just spoke to me again of this great need. Pray for our missionaries and support them financially!!

This verse just came to mind concerning the many promises in His Word...

Blessed [be] the LORD, that hath given rest unto his people Israel, according to all that he promised: there hath not failed one word of all his good promise, which he promised by the hand of Moses his servant.1Ki 8:56

Thank you, God for the privilege of prayer, the gift of your Word and for your promises and for speaking to us through your Word.

"If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.John 15:7

Join me in praying for sister's complete healing today...

No comments:

Post a Comment