Thursday, July 22, 2010

On Casting Stones...



Twelve days ago, when my Bible Study leader challenged me to begin this 30 day journal journey, I had no idea of the incredible ways that God would reveal Himself to me! He speaks through His Awesome Creation, His Everlasting Word and His Children.

Today it was through His preached Word that He spoke to my heart. This was a very hard lesson, one in which I would have preferred not to hear. It ended up being similar to emergency open heart surgery in which I 'flat-lined' and needed resuscitation several times.

As the Preacher delivered the message, he seemed to relentlessly speak of my judgmental, hypocritical and critical spirit, etc. I began to sense the finger of GOD pointing directly at me. After I stopped saying "not me, nope, not for me" long enough to actually hear what He had to say to me, I realized I was indeed guilty and in need of correction.

Like a child after a good spanking, I am still crying. As I finally get to the point where I have begun to stop trying to justify and blame my behavior on someone else, I realize my Father is right.

As in so many areas in God's Word, this matter of judging others has been sorely distorted by the prince of the power of the air... the devil. Since the beginning of time, the devil has come to us asking, "Yea, hath God said?" He would have us look at others and see their faults and use the excuse of 'the good of the church, setting a good example, not bringing reproach on Christ, etc.', as reason for us to judge and criticize. All of these reasons I have recently used as 'justification' for my judgmental hypocritical and critical spirit.

God's word is very clear on casting stones.

So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.Jhn 8:7

Realizing that I am the "chiefest among sinners", I wipe my tears and crawl up into my Father's lap as His Loving Arms surround and comfort me. I know now that under no circumstances do I have any right to judge, criticize or condemn anyone other than myself.

For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged.1Cr 11:31

Even after all of the correction and chastisement, He Loves me and shows His great Mercy on me tonight.

"And ye have forgotten the exhortation which speaketh unto you as unto children, My son, despise not thou the chastening of the Lord, nor faint when thou art rebuked of him: For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth." Hebrews 12:6

"Lord, against thee and thee alone have I sinned. I know there is nothing I can do to atone for my sin as even at best, my works are as filthy rags. I am humbled and ashamed at my behavior. Please forgive me. Thank you for sending your only begotten Son to pay for my sin and the sin of the whole world. Please forgive me for my judgemental and critical spirit as I humbly bow at the Cross of Christ and seek your help in leading the Cross-driven life you have set before me."


Jesus Paid It All

I hear the Savior say,
“Thy strength indeed is small;
Child of weakness, watch and pray,
Find in Me thine all in all.”
Refrain:
Jesus paid it all,
All to Him I owe;
Sin had left a crimson stain,
He washed it white as snow.
For nothing good have I
Whereby Thy grace to claim;
I’ll wash my garments white
In the blood of Calv’ry’s Lamb.
And now complete in Him,
My robe, His righteousness,
Close sheltered ’neath His side,
I am divinely blest.
Lord, now indeed I find
Thy pow’r, and Thine alone,
Can change the leper’s spots
And melt the heart of stone.
When from my dying bed
My ransomed soul shall rise,
“Jesus died my soul to save,”
Shall rend the vaulted skies.
And when before the throne
I stand in Him complete,
I’ll lay my trophies down,
All down at Jesus’ feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment