Monday, July 19, 2010

Having done all...STAND

Today God speaks through His Word and a song...


For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high [places].Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness; And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace; Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God: Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints; Eph 6:12-18




Until He Comes
There are hilltops that I must climb, there are rivers that I must cross,
there are trials that I may not understand.
But I am sure there'll always be, Grace sufficient for even me...
Until Jesus comes again.

Until He comes, I will love him, though I may not see...
My broken heart and bitter tears are good for me..
And the darkest valley's may be left to cross until I'm home,
But I'll take it to Calvary... until he comes...

There are times I'll walk alone, there are times I know I'll cry,
Sometimes I'll wonder if I'll ever smile again.
But I refuse to turn around or stop and lay my armor down...
Until Jesus Comes for me...

Until He comes, I will love him, though I may not see... my broken heart and bitter tears are good for me.. and the darkest valley's may be left to cross until I'm home, but I'll take it to Calvary... until he comes...


"Thank you Lord for the Grace sufficient for us in these times of trials. Please help me to be an encouragement to others. Forgive me where I fail and help even my enemies to be at peace with me as I continue doing my best to "take it to Calvary" and live the cross-driven life."

2 comments:

  1. Been thinking about the armor of God today too, especially the shield of faith and those fiery darts. The devil uses everything he can as a dart to throw at us. Even the people around us, or just our own perception of them. I am so thank full we have a God that we can go to with all of burdens!
    Marian

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true Marian... thank you so much for your comment and insight
    ! It was very helpful to me! and YES Thank God we can go to him with all of our burdens... even our self perceived ones!

    ReplyDelete