Wednesday, July 28, 2010

THE NEED FOR CHANGE

O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable are his judgments, and his ways past finding out! Romans 11:3


Today's journal entry rings a familiar tune in what we have heard since pre-election days. But the type of change I'm talking about has nothing to do with the poor horse by the name of "Change" that the politicians continue to beat to death.

The change in which I'm journaling about today, is the change that is brought about only by the Holy Spirit of God. This type of change comes only through a complete humbling and yielding to the Mighty Hand of God; realizing first, our great need for change in our hearts.

The Lord speaks through my Sunday School Lesson for this coming Sunday. I love the story that prefaces our lesson...

" A man from the back mountains of Tennessee took his family to a shopping center and, for the very first time in his life, encountered an elevator. He watched as a haggardly old woman entered the elevator and the doors closed behind her. A few minutes later the doors opened and a beautiful young woman marched smartly out of the doors. The father hollered to his young son, "Billy! Go get your maw and let's run her through this thing!".

"If only it were that easy!", you may say. Actually, if we do it according to the Bible way, it is that easy. The hard part is that the flesh doesn't like the realizing and humbling. Once that is down, the rest is easy. IF you, in your spirit, truly yield to the Holy Spirit to do the Work God promised He will do. The spirit truly [is] ready, but the flesh [is] weak. Mark 14:38

But even before that, we must have a realization that before there can be growth, there must be birth. Have you experienced the new birth in Jesus Christ? For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.John 3:16

If you have experienced the new-birth, there is the old nature that needs to be dealt with. If we don't realize that our sinful nature was crucified at the cross, we will never experience victory.

There is no greater life than one that is yielded to God. Yielding to God will lead to a changed life that reflects Grace. We must be willing to look to God and His Word for the Power to change.

"Dear Lord, I confess to you that I am totally helpless with out You. I long for the true change that only Your Power can bring. I humbly admit my need for change and believe your Word and yield to your Spirit. Thank you for honoring your promises as I journey on this cross-driven road of life".

What a wonderful change in my life has been wrought
Since Jesus came into my heart;
I have light in my soul for which long I have sought,
Since Jesus came into my heart.
Refrain:
Since Jesus came into my heart,
Since Jesus came into my heart;
Floods of joy o’er my soul like the sea billows roll,
Since Jesus came into my heart.
I have ceased from my wand’ring and going astray,
Since Jesus came into my heart;
And my sins which were many are all washed away,
Since Jesus came into my heart.
I’m possessed of a hope that is steadfast and sure,
Since Jesus came into my heart; And no dark clouds of doubt now my pathway obscure,
Since Jesus came into my heart.
There’s a light in the valley of death now for me,
Since Jesus came into my heart;
And the gates of the City beyond I can see,
Since Jesus came into my heart.
I shall go there to dwell in that City I know,
Since Jesus came into my heart;
And I’m happy, so happy as onward I go,
Since Jesus came into my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment