Thursday, December 16, 2010

Unwanted Intrusions vs Open Door Blessings

I sat staring into the doctor's eyes as he told me to "go back on the walker" or else! It was like a bad dream. The "or else" meant another surgery. Surgery number 5.

The prayer went something like this.. "Oh Lord, how am I ever going to deal with this? Why? I asked you to heal me and I am still broken. I do not understand! Please help me understand."

God is very active in our day to day lives. He is continually drawing us and wooing us. He often answers our prayers through people and situations that we don't even realize. Sometimes He answers, but we are so busy looking for some kind of big "revelation" that we don't see the answer right before our faces.

This time, I feel that he answered my prayer for understanding through my Pastor's blog entry. Through this post God showed me how my unwanted intrusion could very possibly turn into an open door blessing.

"Dear Lord, Thank you for answered prayer and helping us to see that although we often view our situations as unwanted intrusions, they may very well be open door blessings. Please help me to look past the flesh and see through to the spiritual. Thank you for using our Pastor, Family and Friends to support, encourage and point us to You in this dying world. Help us as we seek to live a Cross centered life. Amen"

Just a Closer Walk

I am weak, but Thou art strong;
Jesus, keep me from all wrong;
I’ll be satisfied as long
As I walk, let me walk close to Thee.

Just a closer walk with Thee,
Grant it, Jesus, is my plea,
Daily walking close to Thee,
Let it be, dear Lord, let it be.

Through this world of toil and snares,
If I falter, Lord, who cares?
Who with me my burden shares?
None but Thee, dear Lord, none but Thee.

When my feeble life is o’er,
Time for me will be no more;
Guide me gently, safely o’er
To Thy kingdom shore, to Thy shore.

Note: You can follow Pastor Blackstock's Blog through this link:

http://cjblackstock.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment